After a quiet week, I have made a bit of progress over the last couple of days. I have a weeks holiday next week and so I need to get the next row cut out in readiness. I might take the rainbow quilt as well now that Frances is getting her long arm quilter.
Fret not, my silence on the blog has been interrupted at last and here is D-1. Last week gave me no opportunities to sew at all. The one occasion that did present itself, was Tuesday evening when I accompanied a friend to Telford A&E. I was not bright enough to take my sewing with me and hence wasted 6 potential hours of sewing. Never mind.
Here are the first three rows joined together. I managed it just in time to take it with me to the Festival of Quilts at Birmingham to show my sister. She is a bit annoyed that I am striding ahead and is hoping I will have a change of circumstance in order to slow me up. In fact, that moment has already come as I need to get some film editing done and I have told myself no sewing until I have made some tangible progress with that! Next week I am away for a course so it looks like the sewing progress on this blog will be quiet for a few days!
Here we are at the end of Row - C. This one didn't look a very exciting block at all, but now it is made up I think it is quite attractive. My next task is to join Row C together and then to Rows A & B. I am shortly off to the hairdresser and so will take some of the sashings to paper piece to keep up with the general progress. Today is the first day of the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham.... what little gems will I find to buy I wonder.
I have to say I am very pleased with this one - the appliqué has turned out well - though I am not sure how D-8 crept in so early, but it was the bag on top of the pile and so I was half way through before I realised. Back to the C row tomorrow.
It is interesting how the blocks make up in a different way to what you think the drafting will turn out as. In fact you could probably make up the same block with the same pieces but using different colour combinations. C-8
This is my first purchase from the Old Country Store since it closed and re-opened. Fortunately they still had some of the background fabric I am using for the Dear Jane. My sister asked me how much background fabric is needed. Well I started with 5 yards (I think as I have 2 1/2 left) and so with the additional 2 yards I will have 7 in total. Although I seemed to have used a lot of the cream fabric, I have to remind myself I have already cut all the sashing and corner pieces.